Leaf Pick-Up Program
2022 Leaf Pick-Up Program starts October 24, 2022.
The 2022 Leaf Pick-Up Program will begin on Monday, October 24, 2022. It will end on Friday, December 2, 2022. The City is split into two pick-up sections as detailed on the maps. Crew's focus is on the weekly scheduled section. To make this program a success, your cooperation is required. Please take note of the following:
Crews will rotate through the section and will not be on your street every day. Pick-up will be done on a revolving basis within the scheduled section. We are unable to predict what day/time we will be on your street. The city cannot guarantee that all leaves placed on the parkway near the end of the program will be picked up. The program will come to an early end upon the onset of winter weather conditions. For this reason, we ask for your cooperation in raking early and also encourage the use of Waste Management's services as needed.
- To assure pick up, have your leaves raked out on the parkway as close as you can to the back edge of the curb within the equipment's reach. Do not rake leaves into the street. Leaves placed in the street can cause safety problems for vehicular traffic along with potential flooding.
- Rake leaves into loose rows/piles. Leaves containing branches, brush, grass clippings, animal waste or other debris will not be picked up.
- Vehicles blocking piles of leaves will prevent them from being picked up.
- Avoid raking leaves near catch basins, culvert pipes or into ditches. This can cause severe flooding problems in the event of heavy rain.
- We encourage residents to rake early and rake often.
Waste Management collects yard waste until the end of November. Leaves can be placed in a biodegradable Kraft paper bag, or a dedicated container marked "landscape waste only" (plastic bags are not acceptable). Bags will be pick-up on your regularly scheduled collection day. Bags must weigh less than 50 pounds.
From December 5th to December 12th, leaves can be brought to the Public Works facility at 475 North Cross and placed in a dumpster. Leaves must be in Kraft paper bags. Only leaves will be accepted.
Any additional questions, please call Sycamore Public Works at 815-895-3545