About Sycamore Building Codes
The City of Sycamore adopts building and safety codes published by nationally recognized code agencies such as the International Code Council (ICC) and the National Fire Protection Agency (NFPA) to assure structures in this community are constructed to the safest standards in the world. Specific code adoption and amendments to the adopted codes can be found in Title 9 of the City’s Municipal Code.
Please contact the Community Development Department for specific code requirements or interpretations.
General Construction Information
Permitted Hours of Construction Are:
- 7:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. Monday through Friday
- 8:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. Saturday and Sunday
Construction Site Requirements:
- A Building Permit must be posted at all construction sites.
- A temporary construction sign shall be posted where a new building is being constructed, displaying the construction company name and telephone number, and the site address.
- Prior to any excavation or grading of the construction site all soil erosion control and sediment control devices shall be in place where storm water, runoff onto abutting properties, public ways, wetlands or waters of the State of Illinois may occur.
- Accessible toilet facilities are required on work sites.
- A dumpster is required on the site for the containment and disposal of all job site refuse.
- A temporary durable access drive is required for vehicles to drive in and out of the construction site.