Download application here or applications also available at the City Clerk’s office, 308 W. State Street.
Please return completed applications to the City Clerk’s office a minimum of ten (10) days prior to any ticket sales
Ordinance No. 2001.24 provides the following guidelines:
- The purpose of the block party shall be for the benefit of all persons whose property abuts the section of street to be closed, and not just the private benefit of a specific property owner (as for birthday parties, anniversaries, etc);
- The section of street to be closed may extend only one block (i.e. from cross-street to cross-street);
- The event shall last only one day;
- The event may not begin before 10:00 a.m. and must end before 10:00 p.m.;
- The organizer(s) of the event must notify all property owners whose parcels abut the street in question. If a majority of the neighboring property owners do not consent to the event, no permit will be issued;
- The organizer(s) of the event must submit a plot plan to indicate the section of street to be closed;
- The organizer(s) of the event are responsible for placing and removing barricades to properly close the street according to the procedures established by the Public Works Superintendent;
- No more than two street closings may be permitted for any particular day.