The Public Works Department was created on May 1, 2001 to combine the former Street Department and the Treatment Plant for the purpose of greater efficiency and coordination. On May 1, 2007 the Water Department became part of the Public Works Department to continue to increase the quality and efficiency of services.
Matt Anderson, Public Works Director, 815-895-3545
- Checks and Money Orders may be placed in City drop boxes located at the Sycamore Center (Somonauk Street side of building at 308 W State St) and at Public Works (475 N Cross St).
- At this time, cash is not accepted.
- Residents are encouraged to utilize electronic payment options:
Service Material Inventory List Updated 2/10/21
2019 Water Master Plan Sheet 4-34 Updated 9/28/20
Consumer Confidence Reports
- 2020 CONSUMER CONFIDENCE REPORT
- 2019 Consumer Confidence Report
- 2018 Consumer Confidence Report
- 2017 Consumer Confidence Report
- 2016 Consumer Confidence Report
- 2015 Consumer Confidence Report
The Engineering Division is responsible for the design, construction, inspection and maintenance of public and private infrastructure improvements. These improvements include street maintenance and construction projects, as well as water, sanitary and storm sewer distribution system maintenance and improvements. The Engineering Division also performs residential, commercial and subdivision site plan reviews, provides information on the National Pollutant Discharge Elimination System (NPDES), monitors soil erosion control practices, monitors floodplain issues and maintains the Flood Insurance Rate Maps.