For information about our response to COVID-19, please click here.


Where is the Sycamore Police Department?

The police department is located at 535 DeKalb Avenue, Sycamore, between Sacramento Street and Stark Avenue.

What are the lobby hours of the police department?

Office staff are available from 8:00 AM until 4:30 PM. After 4:30 PM, anyone needing to speak to a police officer can use the phone located just inside the front door to contact the dispatch center.

Who is the police representative for my ward?

The Ward 1 representative is Sergeant Meeks.  The Ward 2 representative is Sergeant Watry.  The Ward 3 representative is Sergeant Anderson.  The Ward 4 representative is Sergeant Kness.

How do I make a police report?

Most crime reports need to be made in person. An officer can meet you at almost any location in Sycamore. Patrol officers generally cannot leave the city limits for normal reports. You can ask to speak to an officer by phone prior to the report if you have any questions. Tips and general information can be given over the phone, by e-mail or through this website.

How can I get a copy of a police report?

Requests may be submitted in person at the police department located at 535 DeKalb Avenue during normal business hours.

How do I pay a parking ticket I received in Sycamore?

Parking tickets can be paid at the city center at 308 West State Street, Sycamore, during business hours, or by depositing the ticket with payment in the yellow boxes attached to parking meters throughout downtown. Payments can also be mailed to the Sycamore Center at 308 West State Street, Sycamore, IL 60178.

Where can I get an Order of Protection?

If you have been the victim of domestic violence, and have made a police report, contact the DeKalb County State’s Attorney’s office at 815-895-7164 and request assistance. Civil orders of protection can also be obtained, usually with the assistance of a private attorney.

Does Sycamore have an ordinance about excessive noise?

Yes. Sycamore has a noise ordinance which usually requires an officer to take a sound meter reading from the complaining person’s property. After determining the noise is above the allowable limit the officer will contact the offender and request they cease the violation. If the offender refuses to cease the violation, and the complaining person wants the offender cited, the complaining person will need to be willing to sign a complaint and, if necessary testify about the violation. A police officer cannot be the complaining person on a noise complaint. Sycamore also has an ordinance which prohibits a person from allowing a dog to bark excessively. The procedure for barking dog complaints is similar to the noise violations, except barking dog complaints do not require a sound meter reading.

Does the police department inspect or install child car seats?

The Sycamore police department has several officers certified to assist with installation and inspection of child car seats. Contact the police department for more information.

When is curfew in Sycamore?

State law provides for a curfew of 11:00 PM on Sunday through Thursday and midnight on Friday and Saturday for anyone less than 17 years of age.

How do I give a compliment or make a complaint about an officer?

You can contact the Sycamore police department at any time and ask to speak to a supervisor. You can also use the Contact Us page on this web site.