By order of the State of Illinois Governor’s Office, restaurants may begin outdoor dining as early as May 29, 2020. The City of Sycamore has worked to accommodate outdoor dining options for all restaurants, broken into two categories:
- Restaurants and Bars with Private Parking Lots or Existing Outdoor Seating (not located on sidewalks):
- Restaurants and bars will be required to fill out, sign and return the PHASE 3 TEMPORARY OUTDOOR DINING AND LIQUOR PERMIT APPLICATION available on the City website or by contacting BGREGORY@CITYOFSYCAMORE.COM for an application. There will be no fee associated with this application.
- Restaurants and bars must follow the OUTDOOR DINING GUIDELINES FOR RESTAURANTS AND BARS provided by the Illinois Department of Commerce.
- Restaurants without Private Outdoor Space Options
The City of Sycamore will create two outdoor dining areas for restaurant patrons which will open at 3:00 PM on Friday, May 29th. The first area is located on Somonauk Street between Route 64 and Joe Bussone Blvd (the Alley), and the second is located in Parking Lot 4 (located between 7-Eleven and State Theatre).
- Patrons can order take-out from various restaurants and utilize these areas to eat at.
- Patrons must follow the posted guidelines at the areas, including sanitizing eating area. (Cleaning solution will be provided).
- Restaurants must continue to follow the Outdoor Dining Guidelines for Restaurants and Bars provided by the Illinois Department of Commerce.
- There will be no liquor served or consumed at these areas.
- There is no application or fee to utilize the areas.
- Patrons will be limited to 45 minutes at a table, and no more than 6 people to a table.
- Restaurants must provide restrooms accessible to patrons.
- There will be hand-sanitizer stations and refuse cans available in these areas.
Department Heads will be meeting daily to review the submitted applications to ensure that the City expedites the permits. Mayor Lang will need to sign-off on any outdoor liquor applications as the Liquor Commissioner.