Fire Department Administrative Offices
535 DeKalb Ave.
Sycamore, IL 60178
Administrative Office Hours are Monday – Friday, 8 AM to 5 PM
For general information, please call 815-895-4514.
Peter S.Polarek, Fire Chief
Art Zern, Deputy Fire Chief
Todd Turner, Deputy Fire Chief
Becky Hepker, Department Secretary
Fire Station #1
535 DeKalb Ave.
Sycamore, IL 60178
Fire Station #2
2100 Frantum Road
Sycamore, IL. 60178
FIRE DEPARTMENT GENERATED REPORTS
In order to obtain a copy of a fire report, the property owners may obtain a copy of their report with proper photo identification. Fire report requests made by individuals other than the property owner, should complete a Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) form and submit to the City Clerk’s office. If picking up the report in person, please call ahead at 815-895-4514 with your request, so that the report will be ready when you arrive at the fire station.
In order to obtain a copy of an ambulance medical report, the person requesting the report must be the patient, the parent, or legal guardian of the patient. A report may be given in person, provided proper documentation and identification is submitted. Requests are processed at the Administrative Offices at Fire Station #1 during normal business hours. If picking up the report in person, please call ahead at 815-895-4514 with your request, so that the report will be ready when you arrive at the fire station.
The City of Sycamore charges a user fee when patients that are seen by the ambulance crew are treated and transported to the hospital, or in some cases when the ambulance crew provides medical treatment and does not transport the patient to the hospital. Below is an outline of the billing charge criteria.
- City of Sycamore Residents & Sycamore Fire Protection Dist. Residents Transported to the nearest hospital: BLS rate of Six Hundred Fifty Dollars ($650.00), an ALS1 rate of Eight Hundred, Twenty-five Dollars ($825.00), and an ALS2 rate of Nine Hundred Fifty Dollars ($950.00).
- Resident Transfer Fees: Residents of both the City of Sycamore and the Sycamore Fire Protection District, in addition to the fees outlined above, shall pay Thirteen Dollars ($13.00) per loaded mile, computed from the point of pick up to the ultimate destination to which the ambulance travels; provided such service shall be made available only in emergencies to acute emergency facilities.
- Treat No Transport Fee: Residents and Non-residents shall pay a fee of Two Hundred Dollars ($200.00) on occasions when the Sycamore Fire Department provides treatment or service that do not require transport to the hospital.
- Non-residents’ Fee: Non-residents of either the City or the Sycamore Fire Protection District who require ambulance services shall pay a BLS rate of Eight Hundred, Fifty Dollars ($850.00), an ALS1 rate of One Thousand, Fifty Dollars ($1,050.00), and an ALS2 rate of One Thousand, Two Hundred Dollars ($1,200.00) and will be transported to the nearest hospital; provided, such service shall be made available only in emergencies to an acute emergency or medical facility. This subsection shall exclude patients requiring emergency services that are covered under workers’ compensation or a self-insured insurance policy of a Sycamore employer or Sycamore Fire Protection District employer; the fee for such services would then be charged at the resident rate and be payable by the employer.
- Non-residents’ Transfer Fee: Non-residents, in addition to fees outlined above, shall pay Fourteen Dollars ($14.00) per loaded mile, computed from the point of pick up to the ultimate destination to which the ambulance travels; provided such service shall be made available only in emergencies to acute emergency facilities.
- ALS Intercept Fee: Non-residents shall pay a fee of eight hundred fifty dollars ($850.00) when Sycamore fire department personnel with paramedic certifications assist on ambulances of other municipalities that are inbound for the hospital, to provide their residents with advanced life support services.
- Bariatric patient lift assist fee to private ambulance agencies or for-profit entities: is seven hundred dollars ($700.00). (Ord. 2013.44, 4-21-2014)
If a patient has questions concerning their ambulance bill. All billing questions should be directed to Andres Medical Billing at 800-244-2345.