Can I burn leaves and landscape waste within the city limits?

No, the burning of leaves, lawn rakings and landscape waste is prohibited. Such material shall be placed in approved yard waste bags at curbside, with a weight of less than 50 pounds. Branches and limbs shall be tied in bundles no more than 4 feet in length and 2 feet in diameter, not to exceed 50 pounds. The City contracts with a private hauler to collect such yard waste between April 1 and November 30. Recreational and food-related fires are allowed if conducted within commercial/approved containers such as grills. Bonfires require a special permit from the Fire Department.

Show All Answers

1. I have a question about my ambulance bill. Who do I call?
2. What are your charges for ambulance service?
3. How do I obtain a copy of my ambulance medical report?
4. How do I obtain a copy of a fire report?
5. Can I burn leaves and landscape waste within the city limits?
6. What are the regulations for open burning in unincorporated Sycamore?
7. What should I do when my carbon monoxide (CO) detector is sounding?
8. What type of public education programs does the fire department offer?
9. Does the Fire Rescue Department inspect Child Safety Seats?
10. Does the department provide counseling for juvenile fire setters?
11. Does the Fire Department service, recharge or dispose of old fire extinguishers?
12. How do I become a firefighter?
13. Why do firefighters/emergency medical personnel shop at the local grocery store?
14. Why do firefighters/emergency medical personnel remain on the scene once a medical patient is moved to the back of the ambulance?
15. Why do firefighters cut holes in a roof or break windows during firefighting?
16. Is it legal to use fireworks?
17. Who do I contact with questions regarding fire prevention matters or code/permit/plan review questions?
18. What is a Knox Box and how do I get an application?
19. What are the basic requirements for a fire alarm/fire sprinkler system?