Can I get a refund?

If a transfer tax stamp is purchased and is returned to the City without having been canceled (defaced), because (for example) of last-minute changes in purchase price necessitating a different stamp amount, or a failed closing, a refund is possible and will be issued at the discretion of the City Treasurer.

Show All Answers

1. What is it?
2. Who pays it?
3. How much is it?
4. What is required?
5. How do I know if my property is within Sycamore corporate limits?
6. When can I pay it?
7. Where can I get it?
8. Are there any exemptions for Sycamore residents?
9. Are there any additional exemptions?
10. What happens after closing on the property?
11. What if I lose the stamp?
12. Can I get a refund?
13. Who can I contact if I have questions?