What is required?

To obtain a transfer tax stamp, a copy of the sales contract or a copy of the Illinois Revenue Tax Declaration (P-TAX) form showing the full consideration price of the property is required. Additionally, one must complete the Real Estate Transfer Tax Form (PDF). In addition to accessing this form online, one can be obtained and completed in the Sycamore Finance Office in the Sycamore Center.

Show All Answers

1. What is it?
2. Who pays it?
3. How much is it?
4. What is required?
5. How do I know if my property is within Sycamore corporate limits?
6. When can I pay it?
7. Where can I get it?
8. Are there any exemptions for Sycamore residents?
9. Are there any additional exemptions?
10. What happens after closing on the property?
11. What if I lose the stamp?
12. Can I get a refund?
13. Who can I contact if I have questions?