2016 Leaf Pick-up Program
The 2016 Leaf Pickup Program will begin on Monday, October 17, 2016. It will end on Wednesday, November 23, 2016. The City is split into two pickup sections as detailed on map. Crews will focus on the scheduled sections. In order to make this program a success, your cooperation is required. Please take note of the following:
- Even though the crews are working in your section, it DOES NOT mean they will be on your street every day. Pick-up will be done on a rotating basis with pick-ups being done as often as possible. We are unable to tell you what day/time we will be on your street. The City CANNOT guarantee that all leaves placed on the parkway near the end of the program will be picked up. For this reason, we ask for your cooperation in raking early.
- To assure pick-up, have your leaves raked out on the parkway near the back edge of the curb. DO NOT rake leaves into the street. Leaves placed in the street can cause safety problems for vehicular traffic along with flooding.
- Rake leaves into loose piles. Leaf piles containing branches, brush, grass clippings, animal waste or other debris will NOT be picked up.
- Vehicles blocking piles of leaves will prevent them from being picked up.
- Avoid raking leaves near catch basins, culvert pipes or into ditches. This can cause severe flooding problems in the event of heavy rain.
- Do not wait until all of your leaves have fallen, to begin raking. We encourage residents to rake early and rake often.
- Waste Management still has their curbside yard waste collection until the end of November. If you choose, leaves may be placed in a biodegradable Kraft paper bag, or a dedicated container marked “landscape waste only” (plastic bags are not acceptable). There is a 50-pound weight limit. Bags will be pickup on your regularly scheduled collection day.
- From December 5, 2016 to December 12, 2016, leaves can be brought to 475 North Cross and placed in a dumpster. Leaves must be in Kraft paper bags. Only leaves will be accepted. Please call Public Works, 815-895-3545 for location.
Any questions, please call the Sycamore Public Works at 895-3545