The Sycamore Building & Engineering Department provides information on the National Pollutant Discharge Elimination System (NPDES) and Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) related inquiries and maintains Flood Insurance Rate Maps, as well as the Flood Insurance Study. Effective May 12, 2012, the City of Sycamore was admitted into FEMA’s Community Rating System (CRS) as a Level 7 participant. This means that any Sycamore resident that is required to hold a flood insurance policy is eligible to receive a 15% discount on their insurance premium at the time of renewal. Additionally, standard rated flood insurance policies in Flood Zones B, C, X, D, R, AR and A99 are eligible for a 5% discount.
Please visit the City of Sycamore Library, at 103 E. State Street, to view or request the following flood related documents.
- Above the Flood: Elevating Your Floodprone House, FEMA
- Answers to Questions About the National Flood Insurance Program
- Elevated Residential Structures
- Protecting Manufactured Homes from Floods and Other Hazards
- Protecting Floodplain Resources
- Reducing Damage from Localized Flooding
If you have questions or require additional information regarding the CRS program, please contact your insurance agent. General questions regarding the program and floodplain questions may be directed to the Sycamore Building & Engineering Department at 815-895-4434.