Appointed by the City Council, the City Manager is responsible for the implementation of all City Council policies and directives, the coordination and management of all city operations, and the annual budget preparation. The City Manager is the City’s chief administrative, financial, budget, development, personnel and law enforcement official.
Brian Gregory, City Manager, 815-895-4853
Annual City Budgets
- FY2018 City Budget – Preliminary
- FY2017 City Budget – Revised
- FY2017 City Budget
- FY2016 City Budget – Revised
- FY2016 City Budget
- FY2015 City Budget – Revised 10-20-2014
- FY2015 City Budget
- FY2014 City Budget – Revised 11-4-2013
- FY2014 City Budget
- FY2013 City Budget – Revised 10-7-2012
- FY2013 City Budget
- FY2012 City Budget – Revised 10-17-2011
- FY2012 City Budget
- FY2011 City Budget – Revised 10-18-2010
Total Compensation Packages
(as required by the Open Meetings Act)
Collective Bargaining Agreements
- AFSCME Local 3957, 2015-2019
- AFSCME Local 3957, 2012-2014
- AFSCME Local 3957, 2011-2012
- AFSCME Local 3957, 2009-2011
- FOP Lodge 133, 2012-2015
- FOP Lodge 133, 2009-2012
- IAFF Local 3046, 2012-2015
- IAFF Local 3046, 2011-2012
- IAFF Local 3046, 2008-2011
The City does not currently have a lobbying contract.
The Finance Office is responsible for records control, accounting, ambulance billing and working with the City Treasurer to assure conformity and timeliness in financial reporting.
Annual Financial Reports
- Fiscal Year 2016 Financial Report
- Fiscal Year 2015 Financial Report
- Fiscal Year 2014 Financial Report
- Fiscal Year 2013 Financial Report
- Fiscal Year 2012 Financial Report
- Fiscal Year 2011 Financial Report
- Fiscal Year 2010 Financial Report
- Fiscal Year 2009 Financial Report
- Fiscal Year 2008 Financial Report
- Fiscal Year 2007 Financial Report
- Fiscal Year 2005 Financial Report
Please visit our Document Library to see our forms.
The Human Resources program is administered by the Human Resources Director who is accountable to the City Manager. The Director maintains the personnel files and records of the organization, maintains an up-to-date roster of job descriptions, manages employee benefits, coordinates the annual employee evaluation process, coordinates the recruitment of new employees, develops personnel policies under the supervision of the City Manager and in conformance with the City’s collective bargaining agreements, is the Administration liaison to the Health Insurance Committee, and provides staff support to the Fire and Police Commission.
Maggie Peck, Human Resources Director, 815-895-0786
In accordance with the Illinois Emergency Management Agency Act, the City provides resources to anticipate and respond to extraordinary needs that result from human or natural disasters. The City Manager is the City’s ESDA Director.